Sunday, March 25, 2007

Peter Pan Syndrome

Fuck, graduation is coming real real soon. That doesn't sound good at all.

I don't want to grow up. They'll have to drag me from this life kicking and screaming. I'm constantly terrified of the fact that these last four years in college are as good as it gets. That part'll probably come when I find myself unable to sufficiently interact with my peers because I will have refused to learn how to conduct myself like a true "adult." Life's been too good to me up to this point to have it become this serious thing that I have to (gasp) work at.

Was it just me who had this insane idea that once you reach a certain age that you're given the experience and ability to become an adult? I mean, how could I be allowed to live this long without gaining said knowledge?

And what do I do to assuage myself from these looming thoughts? I play videogames and go out drinking like it's my job. For some reason regressive behavior seems like the most sensible thing to do right before I officially become a real person. It's like I'm subconsciously thinking " If I can't slow down time, maybe I can screw myself over enough times to actually hold myself back." Well that just sounds ridiculous.

Maybe I should just stop being a pussy, quit whining about it, and just keep on keeping on. Whatever, I'm going to go play FIFA now. I doubt anyone's made it to the bottom of this entry anyway.

No comments: